Monday, April 26, 2010

Snips & Snails

and thermonuclear weapons of mass destruction, that's what Destructo-boy is made of!

I am learning that boys are very different than girls, not just that a second child is different than the first, but he is a BOY and that makes a huge difference.  Destructo-boy is nicknamed that for a reason, wherever he goes it looks like a tornado has ripped through the area.  Don't get me wrong, Lil' Miss has had her own trail of devastation over the years, the eaten and shorted out phones top my mental list (yes, that is phoneS, as in more than one!) but she has been nowhere near as bad on a daily basis as the boy.

His favorite thing to do is to empty every toy he owns and any of his sister's he can reach and dump them all out of their storage areas and onto the floor.  He starts in the family room with Lil Miss' toy box, pulling out everything and literally tossing it behind him.  Then for variety he heads off to their room and if the closet door is open, he pulls out all his toys in there and tosses them all over the room.  Then it's back to the family room to work on the play kitchen, he loves to dump the play food everywhere!  and if he thinks of it he'll empty out his toy box too.  I know this may not seem like much but each toy box is 35x18x18, they are pretty big.



We have to keep the bathrooms off limits too, he loves to unroll the toilet paper all over the floor and is just discovering the flusher, oh lord what will I have to call Roto-Rooter for to get out of my toilet!  The worst is the laptop though, the instant I get off the couch and go anywhere else he is up on the couch trying to see how many buttons he can push before I catch him.  You'd think I'd learn to close the darn thing every time wouldn't you?

He is also fascinated with laundry, constantly emptying out his hamper of dirty clothes all over his room and often dragging them into the rest of the house.  The lid of the hamper is now toast due to our boy, he ripped off the wicker around the edge piece by piece, I cannot count the number of times I have pulled a piece out of his mouth.  Whenever I forget and leave the door to my bedroom open look out!  If he isn't into my hamper he is into the shoes.  Oh, I haven't mentioned the shoes?  He is OBSESSED with shoes, putting on any shoes he finds and wandering off with them.  Any guest in our home who takes off their shoes has to be warned to keep an eye on their shoes as if he gets a chance he will take them.  and hide them somewhere in the house.

Don't get me wrong, I adore this child he just drives me insane with the mess he creates (remember I probably have OCD and am most definitely a neat-nik and a control freak!).  In spite of the mess he creates, I wouldn't have him any other way, he is our little Destructo-boy and is just insatiably curious.  At least Lil Miss is getting big enough now that I can get her to help pick up after him!

2 comments:

  1. He does like your white heels. I had to stop him today as you left your closet open and he went for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remember to log out so the Mister can comment as himself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails