Friday, August 5, 2011

Quilt in progress

I cannot believe how fast this thing went together!  Okay, I realize now this was a ridiculously easy pattern, but at least now I understand how quilts go together.  I still need to get the backing fabric, I already have the batting and just received a brand new walking foot in the mail so I can quilt it all together myself.  Now to figure out exactly how I want to quilt this thing, shadow quilting the seams, or just big X's across each square?



Yes, I am already thinking about the next one, which will be a t-shirt quilt of all Mister Vonkysmeed's beloved Oingo Boingo concert shirts.  I should have that done in plenty of time for Christmas and now is a great time to start being on the look out for Day of the Dead fabric for the backing.  So I guess the Big Block quilt pattern was a pretty good introduction to what I will need to do to get that project done!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I need to start on a quilt for my nephew (due on October). I really like the color tones you used - may have to use that for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wanted something he would enjoy now but could grow with also. It helps that my boy loves cars and their room is decorated with a Hawaiian motif!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails