Monday, February 6, 2012

Here's my 15 seconds...


Check it out, my Straightforward Mitts got mentioned on the WEBS blog today!  Apparently they liked them so much they asked me if they could include my picture in their feature on socks and mitts using the Valley Yarns Charlemont yarn.  They also did features on Charlemont for sweaters and for shawls over the weekend, check those posts out too for some great ideas.


I will say it is a great yarn, very soft and easy to work with.  It is a little splitty, but what yarn isn't that has silk content?  That silk content gives it a really beautiful sheen too.  After a good wash and block the yarn really softens up and develops a nice soft sproingyness (is that even a word?).  I do wish there was a greater range of colors, they are all in the dark jewel tone range and I am more of a spring colors girl.  But at 439 yards for $12.99 this is as really affordable merino/silk fingering weight yarn.

As for the mitts, a great pattern with lovely results.  It does require some concentration at first to get the angled ribbing set up but I found once I understood the pattern it was really easy to work along.  I loved having a chart to follow but the pattern is also written out for those who don't work with charts.

2 comments:

  1. These are most probably the most gorgeous fingerless mittens I have seen. Wow!

    You deserved 15 seconds if not much longer!

    Thanks
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not only are they pretty, but they fit really good too. I wouldn't have even discovered the pattern myself if not for the January kal with the fingerless gloves fanatics group over on Ravelry.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails